Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Gift

Happy Belated Valentine's Day.

I'd like to also present a gift for all my readers wishing them Happy Valentine's Day. And my gift is something really special to me.

Valentine's Day is about relationships and it is a day where we can show our love for those whom we hold so dear. Why the special day? Well, for some of us sometimes we get so caught up with life's demand that we somehow overlook our relationships.

For me and my wife, we recognize that during the week we may not spend enough time with each other, so we've set aside every Friday evenings to spend time together. It can be going to the mall, catching a movie, or perhaps just a simple meal together but most importantly is to be with each other. We call this "family time".

Just like our relationship with other people, our relationship with ourselves is just as, if not more important. As each week, before the week get started, I will set aside sometime to be with myself, to invest this time so that when the week starts, I'll be in a better position to seize any opportunities, stay focused, and most importantly, get things done.

Each week, I'll give myself a GIFT, and this is the same gift I'm presenting to you. GIFT is actually an acronym for Goals, Ideas, Follow-through, and Tasks. Let's discuss them in turn.
Respectfully yours,
Melvyn Tan
(Sent via Blackberry Bold)

No comments: