Thursday, May 07, 2009

99-Day

For those of you who have been following me on Twitter, you would have noticed that I've set myself up on this 99-Day journey.

A refresher for those not familiar; the 99-Day was modeled after President Obama first 100-Day in office. But I tweaked it a little, where I chose 99 instead of 100 because I have always been fascinated with the number "9". In case you are interested, according to numerology, my life path is also a 9!

I am reserving the 100th day for reflection and also to take another 9 days to set my targets for the next 99-Day journey. Personally I find this rather intriguing. First, to see the year in 365 days format seems too long for me. Besides, it would be a disaster to go all the way just to find out I wasn't even close in achieving my goals!

Second, seeing it in three phases of 99-Day appears to be better too. Perhaps I prefer seeing the year in three blocks rather than four (quarters). Additionally, if I set my goals for each quarter, then I may not have time to reflect and review my achievements and misses. So, in three phases of 99-Day allows me to work on my goals during each phase, after that take 1 day off to reflect and then take another 9 days to set goals for the next phase.

Third, it also allows me to measure up against my goal for the entire year. Giving me the opportunity to adjust my goals or to work harder on areas I've neglected.

As a concluding note, my professional goals were all achieved or even surpassed. But there are some personal and people goals that I will need to work harder on. So, off to my retreat for the 100th Day!

Your friend,
Melvyn
(Sent from my Blackberry Bold)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is captcha code?, pls provide me captcha code codes or plugin, Thanks in advance.

rH3uYcBX

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …

rH3uYcBX