Monday, January 05, 2009

Where there is no vision, the people perish


It's into the 5th day of the New Year and already there is so much to do... I must admit that although it is just the second working day of the New Year, it is already feeling like work is taking over me. Spent some time today translating my reflections of 2008 into goals that I would like to achieve this year. Firstly, my reflections were sub-divided into nine areas namely; body, mind, spirit, personal, people, professional, time, emotion, and economics. No specific order were they arranged but for me, I found it useful to think of it as a three-tiered.
 
Now that the reflections are being done, it is time to then think of what my vision will be for 2009. Given the overall vision for 2009 is defined, it is now time to translate it into goals. After the goals are being identified, the next step would be to break it down into smaller sub-goals that can be done progressively at a daily, weekly, or monthly level.
 
Some examples include a daily reflection, weekly write-ups on materials that are relevant to me professionally, weekly family time, monthly review of financial position, quarterly spa retreat (I like this one very much), 6-monthly visit to the dentist (not a pleasant thought though, LOL).
 
Of course after this it calls for self-discipline to see things through and/or leverage to get things done.
 
[I'd be glad to walk anyone through these steps, if you'd drop me an email.]

Posted via email from Leadership

No comments: